I don't like to do the same ole' games or traditional shower stuff, so I added my own twist to the shower, and adapted everything for twins.
We played "Pin the binks in the babies' mouths." Ragan is having a girl and a boy, so I did everything in pink and blue. I drew a girl baby and a boy baby and made pink and blue binkies. Everyone had to try to get the binkies in both of their mouths at the same time blindfolded. It was great fun.
Then we played "My Water Broke"...only because we live so far away I didn't have much time to freeze the water...The normal game is supposed to be to have little plastic babies frozen into ice cubes and then you put them into a cup or drink. You give each guest a cup with the ice in it and when the ice melts, the baby drops to the bottom of the cup, and you shout, "My water broke!" and get a prize. Well, because only a few of mine were frozen still when the party began, we played "My water didn't break yet!" instead. hahaha You have to wing it sometimes when things don't go as planned. hahaha So the ones with the frozen things still in the top of the bottle are the ones that won instead of the ones at the bottom.
We also played "Baby Mad Libs" which I made up for the twins. It was hilarious. Then as Raegan opened her gifts, we played "Baby Gift Bingo" where they got to play bingo with every gift she opened. They marked off what was on their sheet when she opened that gift.
I made up some party favors...candybars with baby shower labels on them, and I labeled the water bottles for the water breaking game.
Nick helped me hold diapers together to make a diaper cake as one of the gifts from us. I couldn't have done it without him. I would have been cussing and screaming, but it was so easy with his help! (Thanks baby!)
And I made cupcakes from scratch...they are way better than store bought cake, and made with the purest ingredients, nothing bad added. My family all love my cupcakes and request them often. Nick likes them too. :) 
So after the shower I decided that I really like planning parties and coming up with fun ideas. I have had many people suggest to me to be a party planner and have some kind of business where I do birthday parties, showers, etc...but with two kids it's impossible for me to travel around to plan other people's parties...so Debbie (Nick's mom) came up with a brilliant plan where I don't have to be away from the kids but can still plan the perfect party for anyoe...details to come later...I can't wait! So if you want to have an amazing party, call me! I will hook you up with all the fun and games so your party is a hit!!!




You are amazing. What fun games you planned. I wish I could have been there. Bless you heart for taking care of my sister she appreciates it more than you will ever know. LOVE THE BELLY PIC - your the only person I know brave enough to post that!
ReplyDelete